Removing the Battery
The battery on bikes by Rad Power Bikes can be removed with one of the two identical keys included with your bike.
First, turn the bike to the OFF position by depressing the MODE button on the LCD Display remote. Then, insert the key into the key port, push the key in, and while pushing in, turn the key counter-clockwise all the way to the "OFF, unlocked" position.
When in the "OFF, Unlocked" position, you can carefully slide the battery upwards and lift it off the frame. Note the battery weighs around 8 lbs and should be handled with care.
For more information on how to best care for your battery, please refer to the Rad Power Bikes Owner's Manual that came with your bike or download a copy of your bike's manual from the Rad Power Bikes Help Center.
For a video walk-through of both removing and replacing the battery, watch the video below beginning at 4:55.
When the battery is removed:
- Do not touch the “+” and “-” terminal contacts on the bottom of the battery when the battery is removed from the bike.
- Be careful not to drop or damage the battery when loose from the bike.
- Be careful to avoid damaging the exposed connector terminals and keep them clear of debris.
When installing the battery onto the bike:
- Ensure the battery is turned off before sliding the battery into the frame mount receptacle.
- Do not force the battery onto the receptacle; slowly align and push the battery down into the receptacle.
- Ensure the battery has been properly secured to the bike before each use by carefully pulling upwards on the battery with both hands to test the security of the attachment of the battery to the mount.
|Use caution to avoid damage to battery connector terminals, which are exposed when the battery is unlocked and removed from the frame of the bike. In the case of damage to the terminals or battery mounts, please discontinue use and contact Rad Power Bikes Product Support immediately.|
If you have any issues with your battery, please discontinue the use of the battery and bike and contact Rad Power Bikes Domino's Product Support immediately.